East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Norfolk, VA
This position may handle Company Propriety and DoD confidential information. This position is supervised. Must meet the minimum requirements of the commercial auto insurance underwriter and have a valid State driver’s license.
- To safely and thoughtfully perform driving duties as assigned. This means planning your route so as to save time and fuel, combining multiple trips to reduce mileage and be sensible when starting and stopping.
- To act with dignity and respect of others on the road while driving a company vehicle-you are the ambassador of good will for East Coast Repair.
- Drivers are to identify on the designated check out board each location in which they are leaving for.
- Drivers are to check in with the on-site supervisor when they deliver or pickup materials and before they leave the job site to insure there are no other items or materials to return to the office/shop i.e. Time cards, reports, interoffice mails, etc.
- Drivers are required to assist in loading and unloading of all their deliveries; this includes on days of inclement weather i.e. rain, snow, wind, cold, hot, etc.
- Drivers are to report to the Facility Manager and Warehouse/Toolroom Manager prior to initiating any deliveries or pickups. Drivers may NOT take delivery tickets from the check out board without authorization.
- Drivers are to deliver all materials and consumables with all required paperwork to the Receiving Department in Bay B.
- Drivers bringing back large materials that must be stowed in production area must first have the material received by Receiving Department personnel and be correctly marked with the appropriate information and/or tags before stowing.
- Drivers MAY NOT loiter within the tool room or any other office area.
- Drivers that are waiting pickups are to assist in tool room or clean shop areas as designated by their supervisor.
- Drivers are to be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Driver may be required to hold a CDL license. ECR absorbs the relevant costs to maintain CDL licenses.
- Drivers are subject to overtime as directed by their supervisors.
- THE USE OF SEAT BELTS IS MANDATORY IAW STATE LAW
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drivers are shall to inspect their assigned vehicles daily:
- Oil – transmission fluids
- Water – anti-freeze
- Tires and tire pressure
- Mirrors and windows
- Lights, horn, seat belts, floor mats, etc.
- Drivers are expected to keep their vehicles clean and in an orderly manner.
- Drivers are expected to turn in all paper work, receipts, packing slips, coc’s etc. daily to the proper personnel.
- Drivers shall make themselves aware of all company policies regarding vehicles, their proper use, proper care and the proper reporting procedure to follow in the event of an incident.
- Drivers must be safely stopped to use the company cell phone (personal cell phone use is not authorized during the workday)
- Drivers are expected to obey all city and state driving laws.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Clean driving record.
- Must pass drug test and background check.
- CDL preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: