East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Norfolk, VA
Perform electrical work in a ship/industrial environment in accordance with drawings and specifications. To analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul electrical equipment and controls.
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem according to specifications.
- Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
- Receives wiring diagrams, specifications, and instructions from supervisors covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains communication cables, power distribution cables, then splicing pieces as required.
- Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls.
- Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
- High school diploma or GED; and 1 to 3 months' experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Ability to pass drug test and background check
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Electrical: 1 year