East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Portsmouth, VA
Responsible for all shop work, facilities including equipment, shipping & receiving, tool room, and drivers. Overall responsibility to maintain a trained, competent, and skilled work force of supervision and trade workers to accomplish all shop work along with maintaining the company’s infrastructure as far as having the proper equipment, available drivers, and properly stored and identified material available as needed.
- Coordinates with the Production Manager to fabricate all material required to be assembled prior to shipment to the job sight.
- Ensure required personnel, material, and equipment is available to support all ongoing and upcoming shop projects.
- Maintains all shop equipment and coordinates scheduled service intervals.
- Confers with Production and Program Managers to evaluate and schedule driver deliveries and pickups.
- Oversees shipping & receiving and the tool room through subordinate supervisors to include maintaining properly working and sufficient tool inventory as well as properly identified and stored material.
- Coordinates with QA and Safety to ensure product quality and safety regulations are being met during day to day operations.
- Directs Engineering support to accomplish ship checks, design shop fabrication drawings, and accomplish critical layouts at the job sites as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a standard apprenticeship/trade/vocational school preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required and 7 or more years of related experience or equivalent of training and experience.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Related: 7 years