East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Norfolk, VA
Responsible for procuring competitive material and subcontractor quotes for new and existing Government and Commercial work.
- Read and interpret contract specifications to identify material and subcontractor needs.
- Read and interpret references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications, and standards of construction, to identify materials required to accomplish the intent of the contract specifications.
- Generate clear and concise technical questions to clarify contract specifications. Document material and subcontract requirements and findings.
- Nest materials to minimize the material quantities
- Read and interpret specifications to ascertain material and subcontractor requirements
- Work within the Quality Management System criteria.
- High School education
- 3 or more years of experience in identifying marine materials for structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and HVAC modifications and repairs.
- 3 or more years of experience in matching subcontractors to specification requirements.
- Courteous, and professional demeanor
- Detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background security check.
- Prefer work experience in a ship repair trades and on military vessels (i.e. Shipfitter, Pipefitter, Electrician, Sheetmetal, Machinist).
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Matching subcontractors to specification requirements: 3 years
- Marine materials for structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and HVAC modifications and repairs: 3 years