East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Norfolk, VA
**SEEKING 2 MECHANIC 1/Cs**
To apply standard practices and techniques in electronic, mechanical or other technical disciplines in providing support for ongoing manufacturing, engineering and related technical projects and programs
- Set-up and install facility related equipment/machinery.
- Installs basic equipment field changes. Assembles and/or modifies wires, insulation and components using hand and power tools. Installs assemblies and hardware into housing.
- Repairs simple malfunctions by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying circuitry and components using hand and power tools.
- Maintain accurate daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain communication with appropriate operators, supervisors and management.
- Maintain work areas and secure tools.
- Maintain compliance with lock out-tag out procedures.
- Order procedures for replacement tools and machine parts.
- Inspects tests, adjusts and certifies basic assemblies, subassemblies, parts and systems for compliance with specifications and quality assurance practices following blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools and precision testing equipment.
- Sets up standard test apparatus and conducts operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Initiates requisitions and replenishes parts, equipment and material required for the project. Records quantity and type of materials distributed. Arranges transportation for shipment of parts, equipment and material to various operations.
- Issues complete or partial kits to meet delivery requirements of ongoing contracts. In cases of partial kits, maintains records of shortages and issues shortages when received to complete assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2 year(s) related experience.
- Experience adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying circuitry and mechanical components using hand and power tools.
- Must be able to gain access to military installations.
- Must pass drug test and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Shop fabrication related: 2 years