East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Portsmouth, VA
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the duties below.
- Read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines; such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers.
- Calculates and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant, flow, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required and 1 or more years of related experience or equivalent of training and experience in field.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Must pass drug test and background check.
Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package to include: Med/Dent/Vis/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD/401k/PTO
East Coast Repair & Fabrication (ECR&F) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ECR&F complies with applicable state laws and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Portsmouth, VA
- 1st Class Outside Machinist: 1 year