East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Jacksonville, FL
To lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems as required for new construction or maintenance, applying knowledge of system operation and following blueprints.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings including: iron, steel, copper and plastic.
- Connects pipe using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipments such as pumps, and cylinders.
- Follows lockout/tagout procedures to shut down equipment according to OSHA requirements and company safety rules.
- Sets up and operates various pipe cutting, bending, and threading machinery.
- Bends, cuts, threads, shapes, fabricates, and installs pipe according to job specifications.
- Cuts and bores holes in structures such as walls and fixtures before pipe installation; attaches pipes to walls and structures.
- Installs various types of installation and pipe covering; removes and disposes of old coverings in line with the company hazardous waste procedures and EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Makes hydraulic pressure test of piping installations. Checks and adjusts controls, gauges, and valves to achieve control of flow or pressure.
- Inspects and maintains facility piping systems, heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, water treatment and sewer systems, and burners and heaters. Reports deficiencies and corrects problems.
- Posts and keeps up to date records of piping systems and controls. Posts records of safety checks and inspection dates of assigned equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cuts, threads and bends pipe.
- High school diploma or GED and 1 or more years of related experience in field or equivalent combination of education and experience in field.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Pass drug test and background check.*EOE/AA/M/F/Disability/Vet*
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Pipe Fitting: 1 year