QA NDT LVL II
East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Jacksonville, FL
This position performs monitoring and measuring of ECR products and processes in the field as well as facility shops, they perform “I”, “V”, “G” Hold Points and Critical Coating Inspections on Naval, MSC, USCG, and/or Commercial Vessels. This position assists as the Department Hold Point Coordinator by taking “V”, “I”, “G” Hold Points for their respective job sites and directs them to and from the various customers and to our QA and Task leads on the deck-plates.
- Performs monitoring and measuring of products and processes in the field and facility shops.
- Perform “I”, “V”, “G” Hold Points and Critical Coating Inspections on Naval, MSC, USCG, and/or Commercial Vessels.
- Assists as Dept Hold Point Coordinator by taking “V”, “I”, “G” Hold Points for their respective job sites and directs them to and from the various customers and to our QA and Task leads on the deck-plates.
- Performs Nondestructive Examination Methods (VT, PT, MT, UT) at the Level II as required.
- Assists the Divisions with deck-plate Subcontractor Control including Supplier facility visits.
- Assists in preparing QA Workbooks for AIT work, researches customer specifications and drawings then develops required inspection plans (T & I’s) and inspection reports (tickets) for various project personnel to follow.
- Conducts QA training throughout the corporation as required.
- Prepares QA required surveillance reports and documentation to provide objective quality evidence of the project work performed.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Closes out all QA documentation (QA Work Packages) for customer review or audit when requested.
- Work directly with the Divisions, Departments, and Sites to revise their third tier procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree preferred.
- QA NDT Inspector Level III certification.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have Microsoft Office Software experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2000
- Ability to pass drug test and background check.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Jacksonville, FL
- High school or equivalent
- ISO 9001:2000: 3 years
- SHIPBOARD: 3 years
- QA NDT INSPECTOR LVL II: 3 years