East Coast Repair & Fabrication - Norfolk, VA
Safety / Environmental Inspector will be responsible for daily inspection of various work areas, ensuring compliance with safety/health regulations, company policies, procedures and customer requirements. The safety inspector facilitates correction of hazards and infractions or ceases work operations until the issue can be corrected. Areas of concern include but are not limited to: Life and safety codes, safe work practices, personal protective equipment, fall protection, fire protection, confined and enclosed space entry, hazardous communication standards, electrical safety, lock-out tag-out, environmental compliance, etc. Performs facility inspection, internal audits, job site inspections, regulatory inspections. Responsible for maintaining logs and databases. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education:
- A U.S. CITIZEN Able to obtain and retain access to US Naval Facilities. A valid driver's license.
- One year of safety experience Knowledgeable with Shipyard Employment 29 CFR 1915
- Knowledgeable with 40 CFR
- Able to work with minimal supervision Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint). Able to board all ships and enter all spaces regardless of size to complete inspections and ensure compliance of safety rules
- Be familiar with industrial hygiene sampling methods
- Conduct technical research
- Provide consultation as it relates to OSHA compliance, industry consensus standards, and best practices.
- Able to walk up and down stairs. Able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Handle physically demanding environments (rain, wind, heat, heights, confined spaces, etc.).
- Previous experience in the field of Safety or related field.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Maritime experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, degree pertaining to safety is a plus.
- 40 HR HAZWOPER Certification
- RCRA Management Certification
- DOT HAZMAT Certification
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Valid driver's license