East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Jacksonville, FL
Responsible for the implementation of Safety and Health policies, procedures, programs. Monitors job sites for company safety practices and policies. Performs accident investigations and compliance monitoring and reports to the safety manager to reduce risk to employees. In addition, the position is responsible for providing data, reporting and presenting information to the safety manager regarding the safety at job sites. The position will work closely with the safety manager and will interface with site production management and supervision in improving the safety program including training to enhance safety awareness, discipline and counseling issues.
- Participate in the development of safety and health policies, practices and procedures in compliance with governmental regulations including Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA.
- Perform accident investigation and safety auditing, identify, and report root causes for incidents, and violations of employee safety, or compliance relative to safety and health.
- Train employees on safety and retrain existing employees as needed.
- Provide guidance to personnel regarding facility specific issues relative to safety, environmental, and health programs and practices.
- Provide leadership and guidance to site production management, supervision and employees.
- Act as a contact for job sites regarding matters involving safety, environmental, and health.
- Inspect all worksites by visual observation to observe and report on potential violations of occupational safety, company policy, NAVSEA Standard Items, and OSHA.
- Document violations identified through electronic media and distribute to responsible parties and management personnel.
- Assist in overseeing implementation of corrective actions.
- Investigate occupational accidents and injuries to determine the cause of the accidents/injuries and ensure all required investigation forms are completed and submitted on time.
- Distribute and post safety awareness information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum four years experience in ship repair industry preferably in a safety position.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to train employees on company safety policy and procedure.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to a variety of shipyard industry worksites.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to gain access to multiple government installations.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- ship repair industry: 4 years