Tool Room Attendant
East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC - Portsmouth, VA
Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment.
- Issues tools and equipment to workers and maintains tools, dies, materials, and equipment issued and returned, manually or using a computer. Utilizing tool watch program.
- Locates Reports to Facility Manager and Project Manager any lost, stolen, or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools, and equipment, and consumables, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually or using a micrometer specialized tools , and reports damage or wear to supervisors. Tool Room Manager and on sight Project Manager.
- Repairs, services, and lubricates tools and equipment, using hand tools, spray gun, or pressurized spray can.
- Mark and identify tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- Works under department supervisor and receives job training from department supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains clean and safe worksite.
- High school diploma or GED; or over 6 months related experience and/or training; or combination of both.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Related: 1 year