Ship Repair and New Construction
East Coast Repair & Fabrication acquired Associated Naval Architects in the fall of 2011 with approximately 30 employees. With the combination of aggressive strategies, sound business practices and most importantly an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction we had grown to over 900 employees during the Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) of U.S. NAVY “Cyclone” Class Patrol Ships. The foundation of Good Shipbuilding Practice has ensured continued booking of the outfitting piers and marine railways. Our Portsmouth, Virginia location provides our customers with on site Ship Repair and New Construction, pier space, railway docking, support shops, boat yard and administrative offices in a single location. The waterfront facility is located approximately six (6) miles from the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and eleven (11) miles from U.S. Naval Station, Norfolk, VA. East Coast Repair & Fabrication encompasses approximately (13) acres of land, with water access to over thousand (1,000) feet of vessel/boat berthing space and lift capacity to accommodate vessels up to 250' in length, 56' wide (750 Long Tons) and depth of 15'. The facility is a secured perimeter, fenced, with lockable gates, posted and roving armed guards, video surveillance and 24 hour, 365 day a year access. We excel at all U.S. NAVY, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. ARMY and State Law Enforcement ship and craft repairs.
Outfitting pier Heavy weather certified, capabilities;
Pier Number 5 at our facility is a full service, two hundred sixty feet (260) in length pier with an average water depth fifteen (15) feet measured at mean low tide.
|#1 Railway||200’||40’||15’||400 LONG TONS|
|#3 Railway||250’||56’||15’||750 LONG TONS|
|#4 Railway||160’||40’||15’||312 LONG TONS’|
|STIFF LEG CRANE||15’||8.8 LONG TONS|
- Welding Shop supports the Structural/Sheet Metal and Pipe Shops in the installation, removal, upgrade, and fabrication of vessels’ structures and distributive systems.
- Pipe Shop is capable of bending, targeting, templating, fitting, pickling, stress relieving, flushing, cleaning, testing, and threading pipe for systems including liquid, steam, gas, and semi-solid. Shop has the capability to work with steel, aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, copper and copper-nickel.
- Ship Fitter/Carpenter/Outside Machinist/ Paint/Insulation/Sheet Metal/Electrical/Fabrication. Our skilled Craftsmen are proficient in use of tools and equipment such as , hydraulic jacks, wedges, dogs, speed wrenches, spiders, planers, saws, chain falls, band saw, turnbuckles, grinders, shears, press brakes, plate roller, bending machines, cranes, and operation of forklifts
- NAVSEA - MSRA: Master Agreement for Repair and Alteration of Vessels
- NAVSEA - ABR: Agreement for Boat Repair
- NAVSEA - QP-1: Certification in our blasting/painting and coatings division
- AWS Certified Welders
- NAVSEA Tech Pub 248 Certified Welders
- ASNT NDT Level III Examiner
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A Level II Inspectors
- AWS Certified Welding Supervisors
- AWS Certified Welding Inspectors
- NAVSEA / MARMC Compliant ISO 9001:2000 (QMS)