In a ceremony held virtually on February 23, BAE Systems Ship Repair recognized 112 suppliers that achieved outstanding results last year in key areas including overcoming COVID-19 challenges, exceeding quality metrics, and achieving the best cost-reward relationships. The awards were based upon BAE Systems’ ‘Partner2Win’ program, a collaborative partnership between the company’s shipyards in Jacksonville, Florida; Norfolk, Virginia; and San Diego, California; and a vast network of Naval and commercial ship repair suppliers.
“Our relationship with our suppliers has always been significant and important for the completion of our ship repair work,” said Paul Smith, vice president and general manager of BAE Systems Ship Repair. “Communication and completion of our joint obligations, in the midst of a pandemic, was integral to success last year. I thank all of our supply chain partners and recognize those who have won our first-ever ‘Partner2Win’ Supplier Awards.”
While this ‘Partner2Win’ symposium was the first in the area of ship repair and modernization, the symposium has been held in other business areas of BAE Systems for years.
This year’s top ship repair supplier awards went to:
- NSC Technologies of Portsmouth, Virginia,
- Vallen Distribution of Belmont, North Carolina.
NSC Technologies, a shipyard staffing and recruiting company, is the subcontractor of the year for Ship Repair. NSC provides the temporary workers that allow the shipyards to adapt to workload demands and focus on their core shipyard competencies.
Vallen Distribution, an indirect materials distributor, is the Maintenance, Repair and Operations Supplier of the Year. Vallen was a reliable and trusted partner in 2020, delivering items timely to our shipyards.
Forty-nine gold, 42 silver and 21 bronze awards were presented during the ceremony. The following companies were recognized with NSC Technologies and Vallen Distribution as stand-out gold award winners:
- BAE Systems Jacksonville Ship Repair’s Subcontractor of the Year – East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC of Chesapeake, Virginia
- BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair Subcontractor of the Year – Central Radio Company, Inc. of Norfolk, Virginia
- BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair Subcontractor of the Year – Pacific Tank Cleaning, LLC of Chula Vista, California
- COVID-19 PPE Supplier of the Year – Advantage Promotions, LLC of Boonton, New Jersey
- Original Equipment Manufacturer of the Year – Fairbanks Morse, LLC of Beloit, Wisconsin
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year – Collins Machine Works of Portsmouth, Virginia
- Veteran-Owned Small Business Subcontractor of the Year – Bay Metals and Fabrication, LLC of Chesapeake, Virginia
BAE Systems is a leading provider of ship repair, maintenance and modernization services to the U.S. Navy’s fleet of combatant ships in their homeports, as well as refit and hauling services for commercial and privately-held vessels. The company operates four full-service shipyards in California, Florida, Hawaii, and Virginia, and offers a highly skilled, experienced workforce, seven dry docks and railways, and significant pier space and ship support services.